Hormel Foods Corporation
("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website, completing a registration or contest-entry form, requesting services, or posting “User Contributions” (content you post using the social networking tools we make available to you) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by us. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, equipment used, access times and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, page interaction information and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- Information from third-party social media platforms. You may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on our Website by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information, including personal information, from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile.
- Information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies. Please see the Cookies section below for further details.
Uses made of the information
We use information that we collect from or about you:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalised experience when you use our Website;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Website;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of our Website;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
Disclosure of your information
With regard to anonymised aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, we reserve the right to disclose such information without restriction.
With regard to User Contributions, including those that contain personal information, we reserve the right to disclose such information without restriction. In particular, please note that User Contributions, by definition, can be read, collected, used, and further disclosed by other users of our Website. We also reserve the right to use User Contributions you submit for advertising campaigns and other promotions. We may or may not use your name in connection with such use, and we may or may not seek your further consent before using the content for such purposes. Therefore, you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to User Contributions you submit on or through our Website.
We reserve the right, where appropriate, to disclose your personal information to the following entities:
our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hormel Foods’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hormel Foods about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of such disclosure.
anyone to whom disclosure is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provide personal information. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your e-mail address to the recipients.
for any other purpose either disclosed by us when you provide the information or for which you have given your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hormel Foods Corporation, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
We take appropriate precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- peanutbutter.uk.com - for personalisation and rendering of content
Please note that information we receive from your web browser or device or that is collected by cookies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you.
In addition to the cookies we deliver to your computer through our Website, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Website. To learn more about Google Analytics, click here.
Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviour over time and across non-affiliated websites or delivering targeted advertisements either on our Website or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Website. For example, if you don’t want information about your visit to our Website sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to us.
In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to our Website or other websites, please click here. You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioural advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on our Website do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case a better way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviour may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
Your rights and Choices Regarding Your Information
- In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving cookies and your right to opt out of having your information shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the details below.
- Email preferences. You can opt out of promotional emails we send you. If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails, simply select “unsubscribe” located at the bottom of each communication.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms. Because of the changing state of technology and
indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of “DoNot-Track” (“DNT”) signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will acknowledge DNT signals.
- Previously Expressed Preferences. You can change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. To do so, please contact us using the information provided below. However please note we cannot control how third parties use your information, as explained in this Policy.
Interacting with Social Media on our Website
Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms provide tools that many of our customers use and enjoy, and we include links to various social media platforms on our Website. If you interact with these social media platforms through our Website, your experience on those platforms will be governed by the privacy, cookies and data collection policies of those platforms. We encourage you to choose your privacy settings on those websites accordingly.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites or other online platforms. These links are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the products sold or information provided through these websites, nor any association with their operators. We do not control these websites and we are not responsible for their data practices. Any information you provide to third parties on their websites is covered under their privacy, cookies and data collection policies and is not covered by this Policy. We urge you to review the privacy, cookies and data collection policies posted on any website you visit before using the website or providing any personal information.
Access to Your Information
The law gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with data protection law. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (GBP) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You may request to review or update the personal information you have provided to us through our Website by contacting us using the information provided below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time or within the time set out by applicable law. When appropriate, or as required by applicable law, we will correct, amend or delete your personal information.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Hormel Foods Corporation
1 Hormel Place
Austin, MN 55912
Attn: Legal Department